Posted Date: 12/12/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RMS-12273Shift: 1st
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Under general supervision of Accounting Manager, prepares standard and non-standard journal entries for income and balance sheet statements. Researches and analyzes unusual entries and/or entries that do not balance. Conducts financial report analyses and/or audits, and assists with major/complex projects.
- Provide financial information and analysis to Muscatine’s Accounting Manager, Director of Operations, Operations Controller, Corporate Finance group, and other customers.
- Work with the Accounting Manager to maintain, monitor, and improve internal controls to provide proper accounting, reporting, and control of all financial activities.
- Assist in completion of the month-end results close process: Prepare and post standard and non-standard journal entries; Analyze, research and review unusual entries or balances; Prepare or review standard month-end reports and presentations, distribute within deadlines; Provide analysis of variances or deviations from the approved budgets or forecasts to analyze performance.
- Under the Accounting Manager’s direction, develop, or improve, and maintain Standard Work Processes for the Finance Dept. Employ TPS concepts to reduce financial information quality defects.
- Assist in supplying information for the annual independent certified public accountant's audit of Operation's financial records.
- Assist with the annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Under the Accounting Manager’s direction, assist with state sales tax filings / audit of conformance, and other regulatory or statutory financial information filings.
- Ensure actions help to break down organizational barriers. Promote an environment of collaboration, trust and professional relationships. Demonstrate high level of commitment to teamwork and support cross-functional team involvement.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in business and accounting required.
- Broad working knowledge of various accounting standards and guidelines preferred which may include, but not limited to: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States of America (US GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), International Accounting Standards (IAS), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- JD Edwards business systems and product costing experience desired.
- Experience with SAP desired.
- Strong Excel skills are essential.
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment is very desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. Ability to execute plans and meet deadlines are essential in this role. A high level of accuracy is also critical to success in this role.
- Demonstrate high level of energy to move the business forward and to see projects through to completion.
- Capable of engaging in business discussions with peers and operations management as necessary.
- Comfortable in persistently pursuing information from sources in and outside the Operations organization.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field is required.
- 0 to 4 years of experience in Accounting or a related field.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - $55,500 – $71,200. Compensation depends on the selected candidate’s education and experience.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation (on day 1), Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Tuition Aid Program