Applications Engineer - Energy Solutions - Greene, New York
Posted Date: 11/30/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RCS-12298Shift: 1st
Applications Engineering – Energy Solutions
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
The Raymond Energy Storage Systems team is an expanding group of enthusiastic engineers, who are driven by the opportunity to develop and implement advanced energy technology in the material handling industry. Our team has an interest in lithium-ion battery systems, energy storage, and charging technologies. The team works to support development of sustainable, clean energy solutions to reduce the cardon footprint and environmental impact of our customers. Our team is involved in all aspect of the development which allows for many opportunities for professional development and advancement.
About the position:
Performs duties in support of Energy Solutions team in Rochester, NY. As customer/dealer technical advisor, identifies and provides reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the process. Performs work independently and under direct supervision from manager and/or senior applications staff member.
- Perform Power Studies on customer applications using Raymond Energy Meters and simulation tools. Ensures user’s needs are met in provided application solutions.
- Apply energy standards for lead-acid, lithium, fuel cells, and other existing/emerging energy technologies to support customer applications.
- Provide customer, field service, supplier, and factory support on engineering-related issues.
- Ensures customer requirements are met by coordinating with multiple internal and external resources.
- Troubleshoots and identifies reported issues and provides technical support to external customers as needed.
- Stays current with new technologies. Contributes to development of innovative ideas to be introduced into new or existing products.
- Develop requirements for software/hardware solutions which may include battery fleet management systems, peak demand/energy storage systems, and chargers.
- Frequent consultation and review by management or more senior engineers is expected. Provides technical information to others.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field such as energy systems, electrical, mechanical or systems engineering, or industrial systems is required.
- Possesses strong customer service focus to establish and maintain relationships throughout cycle.
- Ability to answer complex questions on application and ability to present technical material to a technically diverse audience.
- Would be nice to have previous work experience in batteries, energy storage, an/or power systems.
- Previous project or work experience in vehicle systems and mobile equipment.
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of subject matter.
- Possesses good interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - $61,200 - $78,400 per year. Compensation depends on selected candidates' qualifications.
Relocation: This position may qualify for relocation benefits.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Vacation available on day 1
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Tuition Aid Program