Posted Date: 8/24/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: CHL-10281Shift:
This position will work and serve as an escalation point for other Application Engineers to promote Carolina Handling internally and externally working closely with Sales and Operations functions. The Applications Engineer Team Leader supports the sale of Racking, Smaller Automation Systems, and Allied equipment through coordination and support of technical activities that may impact multiple departments, systems, or work-flows. The AE may coordinate straightforward technical requirements independently, or seek assistance from other resources internal to Carolina Handling, Raymond, the Service Center Network or other partners as required, to support the discovery and development of all necessary technical requirements for each project.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist respective Sales Account Managers for system specification analysis to provide clear, documentable and coordinated requirements.
- Support Site Surveys for projects, complete and review all related administrative requirements to build an accurate bill of material and eventual quote.
- Assist team members with preparation of quotes as needed for complicated projects.
- Assists with sales strategy of product lines represented
- Aligns team schedule to provide support for design, demo, support, and customer interaction
- Provides reporting and information to illustrate current performance of team
- Regularly meets with other business leaders in order to align strategies for the particular technologies represented.
- Partner with the core sales representative to evaluate the customer’s requirements and present value added material products and services.
- Review and design solutions, create facility layouts, prepare bills of material, collect vendor pricing and provide support for customer proposals.
- Assist CH Project Managers in the management and implementation of these solutions by working with the sales representatives, vendors and external customers to ensure the projects are ordered accurately, installed/shipped timely and completed on budget.
- Ensure that all projects are documented in CRM prior to engaging in support including Opportunity naming convention, unit quantity and dollars; thus ensuring accuracy of the sales pipeline.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Warehouse Solution related Opportunities requiring continued support to assist with moving them through the Sales Pipeline.
- Liaise with other departments and external sources as needed to address project technical issues and assist with any impact the technical requirements may have on the overall implementation schedule.
- Coordinate with Carolina Handling, Raymond and other vendor personnel during initial site-related activity, as required to identify existing or new technical requirements on a project by project basis.
- Understand and perform compelling demos as required, assist with Sales presentations and with training of the salesforce as required.
- Research and recommend emerging technical solutions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficient with basic pricing and bill of materials preparation for quoting purposes.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the warehouse systems, related components and sales/commercial acumen.
- Maintain working knowledge of latest installation procedures and options, including pictures of various warehouse sites.
- Network with other dealer resources; establish a support group.
- Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on industry trends and changes.
- All other duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Adopt a team approach - work with others in pursuing common goals.
- 5+ years of experience in material handling sales, automation or similar industries is preferred.
- Ability to accurately and effectively manage large volumes of information.
- Adept with assimilating and disseminating information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision) and in a team environment.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and judgment to resolve routine problems relating to assigned projects.
- Good organizational skills, and high-level of self-structure producing accurate work with a strong attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products including MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Visio or other related flow diagram software preferred.
- Familiarity with and the use of ACAD, Solidworks and other software suites preferred