Assistant Team Leader, Production - East Syracuse, New York
Posted Date: 5/19/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RSH-10343
Assistant Team Leader, Production
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Working in a Toyota Production System (TPS) environment, the Assistant Team Leader (ATL): coaches, mentors, provides leadership to, and facilitates on-the-job and other specified training for employees in functional area of responsibility. A portion of work time will likely be spent performing the same duties as employees on the production line. Performs work under limited supervision. Handles complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to others.
- Sets an example for safety and fosters a safe work environment within functional area of responsibility ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures. Provides leadership and participates in the Risk Assessment, 5S and STOP programs.
- Ensures that quality objectives are achieved. Monitors processes to ensure quality checks are carried out and develops countermeasures against defects. Provides feedback to employees in functional area regarding work processes, procedures, and work assignments.
- Working closely with employees in functional area of responsibility, identifies opportunities for continuous improvement (kaizen) and makes recommendations for implementation. Upon approval takes leadership role in the facilitation and implementation of kaizen. Provides leadership in TPS driven processes and activities.
- Assists in Jishuken activities.
- Assigns, monitors, and observes daily work assignments to ensure work standards and instructions are performed properly and ensuring goals are met and maintains Standardized Work documentation. Interacts with Supervisor and/or Manager daily to coordinate efforts and communicate effectively with employees. Reports daily results and provides input to employees’ performance.
- Uses problem solving techniques to proactively address issues or concerns internal to their functional area of responsibility, elevating to Supervisor and/or Manager where appropriate for resolution.
- Monitors employees’ morale and makes recommendations through communication with management in order to ensure positive morale for functional area of responsibility.
- Facilitates on-the-job and other specified training for employees in functional area of responsibility, ensuring all employees are well trained for safe and successful completion of their jobs. Provides cross training to employees to provide challenge and opportunity for employees and to ensure flexibility in meeting daily work assignments/commitments.
- Monitors and arranges for proper preventive maintenance of machines, equipment, and facilities for functional areas of responsibility.
- Performs similar duties as line employees on an as needed basis.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to others. Acts as lead.
- May participate in interview process to select employees for their department.
- Regular attendance in the workplace is required for interaction with others and to support teamwork.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- Two or more years of experience working in the functional area of responsibility
- Successful completion of the company’s ATL curriculum program in the first year of being in the position is required
- Ideal applicant will be proficient in the use of Wavetrak and SAP inventory control systems
- Must be able to perform a wide range of maintenance activities required to rebuild, service, and maintain electric forklifts
- Proficient in verbal and written communications
- Proficient in the use of computers and handheld electronic diagnostic and service tools
- Proficient in training team members to perform maintenance tasks
It would be great if you had:
- An Associate’s Degree in a related field
About the total compensation package:
Salary – Starting at $21.41 per hour
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Vacation available on day 1
- 10 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program