Assistant Team Leader, Warehouse 2nd Shift - Muscatine, Iowa
Posted Date: 4/11/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RMH-9920
Assistant Team Leader, Warehouse 2nd Shift
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Working in a Toyota Production System environment, coaches, mentors, provides leadership to, and provides on-the-job training to employees within their functional area. A portion of work time will likely be spent performing the same duties as employee on the production line. Interacts with Team Leader and/or Manager daily to coordinate efforts and communicate effectively with employees. Monitors processes to ensure quality checks are carried out and develops countermeasures against defects. Maintains and improves line capability and controls work-in-progress inventory. Monitors and observes employees to ensure work standards and instructions are performed and updated properly and provide input to Supervisor regarding employees’ performance.
- Working closely with employees in functional area of responsibility, identifies opportunities for continuous improvement (kaizen) and makes recommendations for implementation. Upon approval, ensures that kaizens are properly implemented.
- Assigns and monitors daily work assignments, making sure goals are met. Reports daily results to Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Ensures that quality is a priority. Provides feedback to employees in functional area regarding work processes, procedures, and work assignments.
- Uses problem solving techniques to proactively address issues or concerns internal to their functional area of responsibility, elevating to Team Leader where appropriate for resolution.
- Monitors employees’ morale and makes recommendations and/or takes appropriate action to ensure positive morale for functional area of responsibility.
- Provides on-the-job training for employees in functional area of responsibility, ensuring all employees are well trained for successful completion of their jobs. Provides cross training to employees to provide challenge and opportunity for employees and to ensure flexibility in meeting daily work assignments/commitments.
- Sets an example for safety and fosters a safe work environment within functional area of responsibility. Provides leadership and support for the 5S and STOP programs.
- Arranges for proper preventive maintenance of machines, equipment, and facilities for functional areas of responsibility.
- Performs similar duties as line employees on an as needed basis.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
- Wavetrak (WMS) knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of dispatching within Wavetrak preferred
- Microsoft Excel knowledge required
About the schedule:
This position is 2nd shift
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- Two or more years of experience working in the functional area of responsibility
- Successful completion of the company's ATL curriculum program in the first year of being in the position
It would be great if you had:
- An Associate's Degree in a related field
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries starting at $21.40 per hour
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- 10 paid vacation days
- Vacation on day 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program