Posted Date: 4/25/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: MAL-5215Shift:
For more than 50 years, MALIN – A Raymond Company, has been a leader in providing turnkey material handling solutions to many of the world’s most recognized companies. Now more than ever, our customers have a demand for solutions to their supply chain challenges.
We specialize in technology integration that drives process flow improvements, lean management principles, maximizing one’s material handling equipment fleet and automation to maximize labor force.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at our forklift dealership, you will play a critical role in driving our company's growth. You will be responsible for lead generation, market research, and early-stage sales for our intralogistics solutions within the Texas market. This role is a combination of inside and outside sales and provides an excellent opportunity to learn and grow within the sales organization.
- Generate qualified leads through cold calling, email marketing, networking, and other outbound prospecting and lead generation strategies.
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities and understand the competitive landscape in the intralogistics industry.
- Defining customer details. (Confirming address, contacts, industry)
- Defining current partners. (Incumbent MHE provider, systems provider)
- Nurture relationships with potential clients, responding to inquiries, and providing introductory information about our forklift solutions.
- Attend trade shows, conventions, and other industry events to network and develop leads.
- Learn and develop essential sales skills, including negotiation, communication, and strategic thinking.
- Track and report on leads and sales activities, maintaining up-to-date information in the company's CRM system.
- Collaborate closely with associated CORE and Account sales team members to ensure a smooth transition of leads into the sales pipeline.
- Generating qualified meetings with influencers and decision makers from prescribed list of prospects given, or a specific physical area to cover.
- Highlight our specific value to their operation/industry after conducting research.
Successful candidates will have:
- 0-2 years of experience hunting new business with customers in manufacturing, warehouse, distribution centers and other industrial settings.
- Strategic approach to identify key decision makers and meticulous follow-up/follow through in elongated prospecting cycles.
- The ability to identify operational and process challenges within a warehouse environment and generate impactful solutions.
- Team player mentality to partner with subject matter experts to deliver an unmatched customer experience throughout the sales cycle and onboarding of new customers.
- Bachelor's Degree; preferred in fields of Supply Chain, Industrial Distribution, or Industrial Automation.
- 0-2 years of outside sales with an emphasis on new customer acquisition.
- Professional image with excellent oral and written communication.
- A high degree of active listening and critical thinking to identify challenges, and generate solutions.
Why Join Malin?
- Our 12-18 month developmental program will provide mentorship while you to learn in areas of business development, procurement, project management, implementation and customer onboarding.
- Uncapped income opportunity with continued career development.
- Competitive salary with monthly commission structure.
- Vehicle allowance w/ company issued fuel card.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Retirement benefits after 30 days.
- Annual recognition, bonuses and trips for top performers.
Malin is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.