CDL-B Licensed Maintenance Mechanic - East Syracuse, New York
Posted Date: 12/7/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RSH-12343Shift: 1st
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a member of the Toyota Industries family of companies. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
RayLease is looking for mechanics with experience and/or a mechanical background to assist in repairing forklifts and preparing them for resale at the end of a customer lease.
You Will: Perform routine machine maintenance tasks by using standard procedures, tools, materials, machines and equipment. Perform work under general supervision from manager, assistant team leader (ATL) or other departmental lead. Handle moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to others.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment including, but not necessarily limited to, motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
- Examines mechanical machinery and equipment to diagnose trouble.
- May work from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals, or color charts.
- Inspects defective machinery and equipment to determine wear or damage.
- Disassembles machinery and equipment and repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical machinery and equipment as necessary.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Orders replacement parts.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Completes disassembly and rebuild of machinery, equipment or subassemblies, fabricated parts and options.
- Follows standard work to complete tasks.
- Supports the Company’s 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- Makes recommendations to change outdated or ineffective procedures through the kaizen process.
- Supports Toyota Production System (TPS) driven processes and activities.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to others.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Regular attendance in the workplace is required for interaction with others and to support teamwork.
- Transports materials between facilities
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- Two or more years of related experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- CDL-B License is required
It would be great if you had:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Mechanical experience (ie. Forklifts, farm equipment, auto)
About the total compensation package:
Wage - $20.85 - $25.92 per hour. Compensation depends on the selected candidate's experience and education.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- 10 paid holiday days
- Vacation on day 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program