Posted Date: 2/8/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RCS-9318
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
The Commodity Manager is a strategic, forward-thinking business line manager responsible for managing external partnerships that complement or enhance our existing product portfolio. This includes source identification, supplier development, and assimilation to the Raymond supply chain. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who overcomes obstacles to achieve results. Must possess professional oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, as well as externally with supply chain partners. Strong technical skills, familiarity with global sourcing, and experience drafting and negotiating contracts are desired. Excellent planning, project management, and interpersonal skills are also a must.
- Works cross-functionally to ensure commodity strategy aligns with business objectives.
- Integrates closely with Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Planning/Logistics to ensure technology, price, and schedule deliverables are achieved.
- Able to comprehend and drive necessary technology development both internally and externally, in support of business objectives.
- Leads cross-functional commodity teams in the supplier selection and supply base management processes.
- Negotiates and drafts agreements that support collaborative partnerships. This may include development agreements, licensing agreements, and supply line agreements.
- Analyzes and anticipates future market conditions to develop appropriate commodity strategies.
- Serves as a business line manager for all commercial procurement issues.
- Drives continuous improvement in all aspects of the supply chain.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- NAPM Certified Purchasing Manager preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience is required
It would be great if you:
- Are a self-starter who is a creative, out of the box thinker who overcomes obstacles to achieve results
- Possess professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, as well as externally with supply chain partners
- Possess strong technical skills, familiarity with global sourcing and experience drafting and negotiating contracts
- Possess excellent planning, project management, and interpersonal skills
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift and reports in office weekly in Greene, NY.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries ranging from $55200 - $70800 / year
Relocation - This position may qualify for relocation.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- 10 paid vacation days
- Vacation on day 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program