Computer Systems Network and Communication Engineer - Greene, New York
Posted Date: 8/26/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RCS-11069Shift: 1st
Job Title: Computer Systems Network and Communication Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About this position:
We’re looking for a Development Engineer to be responsible for the design and commercialization of new products and sub-systems related to semi-autonomous and fully autonomous industrial vehicles. This role will by employed by The Raymond Corporation and work out of our test lab in Syracuse, New York. You will:
- Design and develop various components and sub-systems in support of autonomous vehicle behavior. Development may include electrical, software, and/or control tasks.
- Responsible for verifying that system and software design implementation meets internal requirements.
- Write and communicate system requirements to other groups internally within Raymond.
- Lead coordination with third-party suppliers who provide custom software.
- Provide support for new product development teams.
- Work with cross-functional groups at the direction of a Lead Engineer or Program Manager.
- Network design and topology as it relates to systems comprising physical and virtual servers, clients, and embedded devices. Communication, data exchange protocols, and data storage needed to connect, exchange information between system components, and storage of data local to each device.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
- 3+ year of experience in software development and network topology design.
- Experience with wired and wireless communication options for implementing networking capabilities.
- An advanced understanding of network communication patterns and associated design constraints.
- Experience with various networking protocol stacks including the ability to write requirements, create designs, implement, configure, test, and diagnose networking features.
- Experience with object-oriented programming using C++ (11/14/17) and Python.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a team environment and able to present technical material to a technically diverse audience.
It would be great if you had:
- A practical working understanding of Internet of Things (IoT) topologies and design patterns.
- A practical working understanding of ROS 2, Data Distribution Service (DDS), and Real Time Publish Subscribe Protocol (RTPS).
- A practical working understanding of CAN/CANOpen, I2C, …
- A practical working understanding of databases and relational database schemas; ability to understand and write database queries.
- Experience working in a Linux development environment.
- Experience in networking including Ethernet and CAN including some background in socket programming.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Expected to be between $106,000 and $116,900 depending on the selected candidate’s background.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program