Posted Date: 10/11/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RCS-11787Shift: 1st
Job Title Connected Manufacturing Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for an Engineer in Connected Manufacturing. Connected Manufacturing is responsible for driving Digital Transformation across all the company’s facilities. The team uses cutting-edge software tools to collect and interpret data and present it in an actionable form to those who can use it to improve processes across our company. As a member of the team, you will collaborate across departments and sites to help further your department’s goals. The team is currently spread across the company's two manufacturing sites, located in Greene, NY and Muscatine, IA. Your teammates cover multiple roles that allow the department to handle everything needed from data collection to data analytics and UI/UX. In this role you will:
- Design and develop projects in various software that can read and interpret machine and other factory data streams to produce actionable outputs. This is primarily done via the use of Jython/Python.
- Evaluate project requests and determine their technical requirements. Create project design documentation for team review and execution.
- Plan, purchase, and implement the needed hardware, code, and data storage to execute a project leveraging the team’s knowledge and skills.
- Ensure Projects integrate with the larger goals, long and short term, of the department and corporation.
- Verify that the outputs of your code match reality by visually monitoring the machine or calculating against the raw dataset and comparing to code output.
- Implement and maintain simple electrical control boxes, sensors, and other hardware to support projects on the floor.
- Perform server and software maintenance as needed, ensuring department systems are up to date, secure, and in line with IT policies.
- Create SQL queries to read from and write to databases.
- Design and develop HMIs to allow collection of data directly from shop floor associates and supply visual feedback.
- Train other engineers & shop floor associates on how to use the systems the team has designed.
- Troubleshoot and improve systems that have erred or are not functioning as well as intended..
- Evaluate current technology trends for use and future planning.
- Be hands-on and spend time on the production floor understanding machine outputs and factory function.
- Interface with diverse roles (i.e., manufacturing operators, engineers, leadership staff).
- Interface with multiple departments (i.e., Manufacturing, Operations, Information Technology, Safety).
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Software or Computer Engineering.
- If Industrial or Mechanical – have an aptitude for coding.
- If Software or Computer – have an aptitude for mechanical systems.
- 1+ year of experience or completion of a Master’s Degree.
- Aptitude for coding.
- Analytical with a strong orientation toward problem-solving.
- Willing to learn new things in a constantly evolving environment.
- Experience with:
- Unified Namespace (UNS)
- Allen Bradly, Omron, or other PLC’s
- Simple networking and troubleshooting
- PTC’s Kepware
- Highbyte or other DataOps software
- Canary or other historians
- HiveMQ or other Enterprise MQTT brokers
- Azure cloud environments
- CNC Mill, Lathe, Laser, or other machining
- Jython/Python (we use Jython)
- SQL (we use MS SQL)
- Inductive Automation’s Ignition
- Strong presentation skills - comfortable presenting to a diverse audience.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Expected to be between $72,000 and $123,300 depending on the selected candidate’s background.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation available on day 1
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program