Contracts Specialist – Indirect Procurement - Greene, New York
Posted Date: 10/5/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RCS-11782Shift: 1st
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
The Contracts Specialist for Indirect Procurement will work with key Raymond stakeholders to understand their requirements and compile the necessary specifications to initiate and lead indirect procurement projects and initiatives. This will require someone that can lead supplier negotiations, contract reviews and analysis, contract implementation and management, and service level monitoring of procured goods and services. A Contracts Specialist for Indirect Procurement must be able collaborate cross-functionally to anticipate needs, plan ahead, and lead RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs. Responsibilities of the Contracts Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop collaborative partnerships with Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Legal, and Information Technology in support of Indirect Procurement activities.
- Have knowledge of contract negotiation best practices, both in-person and in written form, which considers cultural norms and interests.
- Evaluate vendor proposals to ensure all requirements are addressed.
- Review cost proposals and pricing information to determine, or assist with a determination, as to which supplier(s) will be awarded contracts.
- Suggest modifications to contract provisions for clarity, and adherence to Raymond policies, procurement rules, and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and edit contractual agreements between Raymond and prospective suppliers.
- Self-monitor contracting progress according to the schedule of completion to submit drafts and documents on time.
- Confirms that terms and delivery dates are accurate, then working in partnership with key stakeholders, ensures fulfillment and compliance with the contracted terms and regulations.
- Assist with the management of contract renewals, modifications, terminations, and amendment which may include conducting supplier risk assessments.
- Develop and execute strategies for the commodities and services assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
About work schedule:
This role is based in Greene, NY or Syracuse, NY with a hybrid work schedule option.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze complex legal documents.
- Knowledge of legal principles and contract law.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to changes and prepared to work with colleagues with diverse personalities and backgrounds.
- Flexibility in handling unexpected situations that may arise.
- 2+ years of legal or paralegal experience, preferably working directly with contract law. Candidates with a JD degree (non-practicing) or non-lawyer judges may also be considered.
It would be great if you had:
- Extensive knowledge of contract principles and legally binding contract language.
- Negotiate optimal commercial & legal terms to procure products and/or services timely and efficiently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of an organization, internally and externally.
- Excellent planning, project management, attention to detail and interpersonal skills to work with diverse personalities and backgrounds. Ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously.
- Strategic – Never settles for the status quo. Always considers best practices and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Analytical thinker – Breaks apart complex problems into component parts to identify multiple solutions and weigh the value of each.
- Change Management – Makes change real by explaining how a change will affect the organization. Ability and flexibility to manage situations as they arise.
- Continuous learner – Quickly assimilates and understands a constant stream of new information in a demanding and changing business environment.
- One of the following certifications preferred: Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified Commercial Contract Manager™ (CCCM™) or Certified Contract Management Associate (CCMA).
- Experience with contract management software.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries ranging from $81,000 - $102,000/annually; compensation commensurate with education and experience.
Relocation - This position may qualify for relocation.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Vacation available on day 1
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Tuition Aid Program