CONTROLS ENGINEER - MATERIAL HANDLING SYSTEMS - Frederick, Maryland
Posted Date: 10/16/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: WES-11856Shift:
Employment base Frederick, MD or Ashland, VA
The Controls Engineer works with cross-functional Werres employees, project teams, customers, and suppliers to provide detailed product specifications for material handling system PLC Controls, Networking/Data Communication & electrical installation. The process involves understanding the customer's goals and objectives and developing smart engineered solutions to meet these goals. Werres Systems Group’s goal is to help our customers compete in their markets by providing the best material handling solutions and technology.
- Provide PLC/Software Support to customers
- Manage Design of Controls/Electrical systems during concepting of conveyor systems and warehouse automation.
- Prepare Controls & Electrical scope documents and drawings for subcontractor RFQs
- Send out, review, and validate Controls and Electrical quotations from vendors
- Provide Budgetary Controls/Electrical ROMs for quick turnaround project budget quotes
- Selection of Electrical and Controls subcontractors
- Review and Verify Controls & Electrical field drawings from subcontractor partners
- Schedule & Manage controls subcontractors and electricians during installation
- Source and procure certain electrical components, I.e., scanners, label printers, etc.
- Source electrical/controls parts quickly for ongoing installations
- Includes occasional field support for commissioning, start-up and post start-up “Hyper Care” stages.
- Assist with project documentation such as Operation & Maintenance Manuals, As-Built drawings and spare parts lists and onsite operator training.
- Provide PLC/HMI/WCS support to current customers via phone support network and engage necessary support resources to troubleshoot and provide solutions for customer issues.
- Ability to go “hands on” with mechanical/electrical components to troubleshoot controls issues and provide a solution to make system functional.
- Potential to fulfill government networking cyber security requirements (Security +, Windows Administrator)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong controls design aptitude.
- AutoCAD experience
- Strong electrical technical drawing skills.
- Understanding of international, national, and local electrical codes, including UL certification.
- Strong project management skills
- Extremely computer literate with general Microsoft Office products.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Plan and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong Rockwell Software: RSStudio, RS Logic 5000 experience
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley, Siemens, Fanuc, or similar PLCs.
- Familiarity with Bar Code Scanning hardware / Systems a plus
- Familiarity with Print Apply (PANDA) hardware a plus.
- Familiarity with distribution systems, package conveyor, pallet conveyor, goods to picker applications, a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit existing suppliers, research new projects, and commission projects.
- Frederick, MD or Ashland Va.
- Position is currently work-from-home with 2 office visits a month, but subject to return to full-time in office in the future
Typical workweek consists of 40 or more hours. Competitive voluntary benefits including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, paid holidays, vacation, sick..
Don't let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!About the Company: Since 1935, Werres Corporation has been providing material handling equipment, customized engineering systems, and forklift equipment to clients throughout Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C. and the Federal Government worldwide. A Toyota Industries Corporation Group Company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Drug Free Workplace. Background Check Required.