Posted Date: 2/2/2023Hiring Type: Co-Op
Requisition Number: RCH-9283
Job Title: Co-Op Custom Engineering
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
Custom Engineering is responsible for non-standard designs and product configuration. This requires engineering analysis and design of various basic to complex vehicle systems. We utilize traditional engineering techniques such as design, analysis, calculation, test, and evaluation. It also requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of product structure and how to manage this for new designs.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Co-Op for Custom Engineering. You will:
- Complete diverse assignments that include analysis, testing, troubleshooting, and design of mechanical assemblies and components for new and existing products.
- Complete areas of design in bolted or welded joint design, vehicle dynamics, hydraulic or plastic design, cost analysis, bearing or gear design, fatigue analysis of structural components, and design of experiments.
- Be located at corporate headquarters (Greene, NY) where trucks are designed, prototyped, tested, and manufactured in their entirety.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Desire to utilize mechanical engineering skills on real world problems and solutions in a cross-functional team environment.
- Creative, energetic problem solver with good communication and teamwork skills.
It would be great if you had:
- The following courses/areas of interest are helpful: Strengths of Materials, FEA/Stress Analysis, Statics (not statistics), Dynamics, Fatigue, Machine Design, 3-D solid modeling (Pro/E preferred), and DFMA.
Wage – Ranges from $18.00 to $24.00 per hour depending on education level.
- Housing stipend available to qualified students
- Eligible to participate in Company events
- Short-term disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with Company match
- Sick leave
- Company-paid holidays