Posted Date: 7/24/2023Hiring Type: Co-Op
Requisition Number: RCH-10904Shift: 1st
Job Title: Co-Op, Manufacturing Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for building our product through all facets of the manufacturing process (metal fabrication, forming, welding, painting, and assembly). This includes design and build of tools and fixtures along with investigation of leading edge manufacturing technologies for defining future capital equipment acquisition. Our team provides technical expertise to develop solutions to production problems that may hinder our ability to achieve objectives. We provide a platform for innovative ideas for continuous improvement to reduce waste in the production process and to increase our capacity to satisfy customer requirements.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Co-Op, Manufacturing Engineer. You will:
- Be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support.
- Lead projects that have an impact on the daily production operation.
- Work with a cross-functional team and be responsible to help resolve production issues.
- Help Raymond meet its Toyota vision.
- Assist in the development, planning, testing, and/or modification of manufacturing processes and systems within a Toyota Production System (TPS) environment.
- Collect data and develop information to establish or improve manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Analyze data to determine machine or process capacity, worker utilization, and process capability.
- Participate on interdepartmental teams to specify, design, develop, and apply manufacturing aids for improved ergonomics and increased efficiency.
- Provide regular work updates to Lead Engineers or the department supervisor/manager.
About the schedule:
This position is first shift and will work Monday-Friday either January 2024-May 2024 (preferred) or January 2024-August 2024.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- At the time of the co-op, candidate must be at a Junior undergrad level.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available for either January-May 2024 (preferred) or January-August 2024 co-op.
About the total compensation package:
Wage – Ranges from $20.50 to $23.50 for undergraduate students and $24.50-$26.00 for graduate students.
- Housing stipend available to qualified students
- Eligible to participate in Company events
- Short-term disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with Company match
- Sick leave
- Company-paid holidays