Posted Date: 1/31/2024Hiring Type: Co-Op
Requisition Number: RCH-12818Shift: 1st
Job Title Co-Op, Reliability/Test Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
Our Reliability Engineering Department is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for improving the reliability of our material handling vehicles and new technology offerings. We work on new development projects from functional spec creation all the way to customer acceptance. It is our goal to lead the industry with our reliability and quality products. To assist with this, we collaborate with our global Toyota teams to share and evaluate new methodologies.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Reliability Engineer Co-Op. You will:
- Be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support.
- Be responsible for creating and improving the validation methods for evaluating product reliability in both new and existing products.
- Assist in troubleshooting designs for root cause.
- Depending on your area of study, you will be assigned to projects in the areas of software, electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic.
- Complete forklift training and acquire your forklift operating license to assist in your learning of products, testing of prototypes, and determining solution activities.
- Create the reliability qualification plan for both new and existing designs, the resolution of design issues, and customer special requests.
- Drive the investigation of root cause analysis and develop validation plans for resolutions.
- Gather and analyze reliability data from field sites and databases to show trends of current products.
- Predict future reliability data based on current data, design analyses and stress/risk analysis.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for internal and external customers.
- Apply reliability statistical techniques for new features to meet market requests.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift, 8:00am-5:00pm. Candidate must be available for August - December 2024
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or Computer Engineering.
- At the time of the co-op, candidate must be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Available for August - December 2024
- Strong desire to be hands-on and spend time in the test lab.
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e. quality personnel, design and test engineers, manufacturing, leadership staff).
- Analytical with a strong orientation toward problem-solving.
It would be great if you had:
- A working knowledge of Minitab / Weibull Analysis.
- Strong presentation skills - comfortable presenting to a diverse audience.
- Strong knowledge of electrical components and software.
About the total compensation package:
Wage – $19.00 to $24.25 per hour . Compensation depend on academic year and degree program.
- Housing stipend available to qualified students
- Eligible to participate in Company events
- Short-term disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with Company match
- Sick pay
- Company-paid holidays