Posted Date: 8/26/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RCS-10992Shift: 1st
Job Title Development Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Development Engineer to be responsible for the design and commercialization of new products and sub-systems related to semi-autonomous and fully autonomous industrial vehicles. This role will by employed by The Raymond Corporation and work out of our headquarters in Greene, NY. You will:
- Design and develop various components and sub-systems in support of autonomous vehicle behavior. Development may include electrical, software, and/or control tasks.
- Write and debug software on the Raymond autonomous development stack. Depending on your interests and skills, you might work on code related to our Vision & Perception stack, our Localization stack, or our vehicle control stack.
- Responsible for verifying that system and software design implementation meets internal requirements.
- Write and communicate system requirements to other groups internally within Raymond.
- Lead coordination with third-party suppliers who provide custom software.
- Provide support for new product development teams.
- Work with cross-functional groups at the direction of a Lead Engineer or Program Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
- 1+ year of experience.
- Experience with object-oriented programming using C++ (11/14/17) and Python.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a team environment and able to present technical material to a technically diverse audience.
It would be great if you had:
- Master's Degree in the field of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
- Experience working in a Linux development environment.
- Experience in networking including Ethernet and CAN including some background in socket programming.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with modern control theory and filtering, including familiarity with Bayesian filters.
- Experience with deep learning including convolutional neural nets.
- Knowledge of interface development between warehouse or manufacturing control systems and third-party software and hardware solutions.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Expected to be between $75,000 and $106,000 depending on the selected candidate’s background.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program