Posted Date: 10/28/2022Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RCS-8599
Job Title Embedded Software Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team in Greene, NY. You will:
- Design and implement control systems firmware for the complex embedded systems that form the backbone of Raymond material handling products.
- Design, implement, and integrate software for our products.
- Develop core software architecture requirements for embedded systems.
- Participate in product and system discussions.
- Work in software design for extended product life cycle.
- Work in a collaborative environment with mechanical, electrical, and controls engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as software, electrical, and computer engineering, computer science, or computer information systems.
- Proficiency in C on resource-constrained embedded platforms.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Working knowledge of standard hardware protocols (e.g. I2C, SPI, UART).
- Experience with networking, concurrency, and distributed systems.
- Ability to read hardware specifications and schematics.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts.
It would be great if you had:
- Backgrounds in multidisciplinary fields such as consumer devices, medical devices, robotics, mechatronics, aerospace, and the like could all provide excellent preparation for our highly cross-functional environment.
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers.
- Experience with CAN/CANopen.
- Familiarity with the following
- Mathworks tools like MATLAB, Simulink
- National Instruments tools like LabVIEW, VeriStand, cRIO, PXI
- dSPACE tool chain
- R, Python, SQL,C++
- Working knowledge and experience with current version control tools such as Subversion and GIT.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment that leverages JIRA.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Expected to be between $72,000 and $114,100 depending on the selected candidate’s background.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program