Maintenance Mechanic - RayBuilt Forklift Repair - East Syracuse, New York
Posted Date: 3/22/2023Hiring Type: Full-time
Requisition Number: RSH-9721
***This is a temporary position and will be hired through a staffing agency. After 6 months of employment, eligible employees will be able to apply for full time, regular positions within The Raymond Corporation.
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Working in a Toyota Production System (TPS) environment, the Maintenance Mechanic position in Raybuilt performs work under general supervision from manager, supervisor, or assistant team lead.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skilled in effectively communicating with co-workers.
- Skilled in safe, effective and appropriate product and equipment use and work habits.
- Ability to wear and used appropriate safety gear such as steel toe shoes, safety shield, etc.
- Ability to follow all company rules and requirements as indicated by management.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area by keeping area neat and orderly, doing required housekeeping and updating as needed.
- Ability to be a self-motivator from the beginning of a task until it’s completion with little to no direction.
- Have the ability, drive and acceptance to be a constant learner. This meaning a qualified candidate would be able learn new but related technologies to enhance their skills to become successful.
- Completing job repairs in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Knowledge of various brands of material handling equipment.
- Ability to read sufficiently to understand procedure manuals and basic written instructions.
- Perform mechanical inspections on equipment along with identifying materials required to complete the task.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetical computations with speed and accuracy.
- Skilled in mechanical repair, basic electrical knowledge and basic hydraulics.
- Ability to understand and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to weld in the areas of MIG and ARC is optional but would be a plus.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift, and the schedule is 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment is preferred
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries starting at $17.50 / hour