The Raymond Corporation has followed the coronavirus (COVID-19) developments with the utmost care and concern. Our efforts are vital and essential in supporting businesses including food distribution, warehouses, medical supply and the overall supply chain. This is critical to our country during this crisis.
With the significant developments regarding COVID-19, we remain committed to following the guidance of the federal, state and local governments and continue to implement a number of precautionary measures.
At The Raymond Corporation, we continue to follow the COVID-19 developments closely for our associates, candidates and customers. As an ‘essential business’, our efforts are vital to supporting communities and businesses including food distribution, warehouses, medical supply and the overall supply chain. Continuing operations as an essential business and enabling our customers is critical to our country during this crisis. Part of this includes continuing to attract talent and fill open positions.
With the significant developments regarding COVID-19, we are committed to following the guidance of the federal, state and local governments. As these developments are fluid, we continue to implement a number of precautionary measures and best practices.
In order to best support our customers and communities, while proactively protecting our associates and visitors, we have implemented the below best practices for everyone entering our facilities:
- Interviewing – We’re conducting all initial interviews via Skype, FaceTime or phone. We are limiting in-person interviews to final interviews only. 24-48 hours prior to an in-person interview(s), we will call the candidate to screen for potential COVID-19 exposure.
- Visitor Questionnaire – Candidates will be required to complete a Visitor Health Questionnaire form prior to gaining access to our Company facilities. These forms will be provided when candidates arrive on-site.
- COVID Consent for Temperature and Symptom Collection – Candidates will be required to sign a form authorizing designated associates from The Raymond Corporation to collect temperature and potential COVID-19 related symptoms. We are conducting temperature screening as one of the precautionary measures to safeguard our associates and visitors.
- Mask or Cloth Face Covering - Consistent with CDC recommendations, The Raymond Corporation is requiring all associates and candidates to wear a mask or cloth face covering when on any Raymond property and unable to maintain 6 feet social distancing. We will provide facemasks to all associates, candidates and visitors.
- 6 Feet Social Distancing – We encourage everyone to maintain 6 feet social distancing whenever possible. We have structured our interview rooms to support social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer & wipes – We added hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to our interview rooms for candidates and interviewers.
- “No Handshaking” Practice - We implemented a “no handshaking” practice. Please do not be offended if the interviewer(s) do not offer or accept a handshake.
- Sanitizing Interview Rooms – We are sanitizing interview rooms before and after each candidate’s meetings.
Thank you for your interest in The Raymond Corporation. We are committed to keeping our customers’ operations functioning during this challenging and changing time, while doing our best to protect our associates and candidates.
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about COVID-19 and how it is impacting our world. For Raymond, that means understanding how it affects our employees, customers, and communities and then making the necessary localized adjustments to our work and our operations.
We want our customers to know that we are in this together and are committed to working with you to keep your operations up and running through this difficult time. We remain open to serve your needs during these unprecedented times with flexible solutions such as rentals, virtual and in-person service, maintenance, parts distribution and optimization efforts.
As this is an ever-evolving situation, we promise to you that we will continue to follow the guidance of our federal and local governments as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and will quickly communicate any necessary updates.
Monday, August 3, 2020
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, The Raymond Corporation temporarily shut down the Greene manufacturing plant in order to follow proper protocols and procedures due to the confirmation of more than one COVID-19 case at our facility. In adherence with CDC guidance, and as an essential business supporting industries including food distribution, medical supply and the overall supply chain, the Greene manufacturing plant will resume operations beginning with our 3rd shift on August 3, with procedures and protocols in place to support our employees’ health and wellbeing. No employee anywhere within the company may return to work if they have tested positive for COVID-19 without medical clearance to return.
These are crucial steps we are taking to follow CDC guidance and protect the health of our employees. We are doing everything possible to keep our people safe, provide a livelihood for 2000 local families, and take care of our customers as an Essential Business. We will continue to take actions with an abundance of caution based on guidance from the CDC and local public health providers.
Friday, July 31, 2020
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, The Raymond Corporation temporarily shut down the Greene manufacturing plant, on July 30 and 31, to sanitize and disinfect the facility in accordance with recommended CDC protocols. We have subsequently learned that there has been confirmation of more than one Covid-19 case amongst the initial group tested. We cannot provide additional information at this time, out of respect for the privacy of our employees and their families. To allow for further planning, the Greene manufacturing plant will remain closed on Monday, August 3, with only select essential functions reporting to the facility.
The actions that we announced this week are crucial steps we are taking to follow CDC guidance and protect the health of our employees. We will continue take actions with an abundance of caution based on guidance from the CDC and local public health providers.
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
The Raymond Corporation has learned that we have a positive COVID-19 test in our Greene facility, with a few additional tests pending. As an immediate response to protect the health and safety of our workforce, The Raymond Corporation has made the decision to temporarily shut down our Greene manufacturing operations for July 30 and 31 to sanitize and disinfect in accordance with recommended protocols.
We continue to prioritize our employees’ well-being with the utmost care and concern. We have worked closely with local authorities and health care providers to proactively respond, ensuring we are following all guidelines. The Raymond Corporation provides an essential business function to our customers and extended supply chain. The actions announced today are crucial steps to protect the health of our employees. We continue to take actions with an abundance of caution based on guidance from the CDC and local public health providers.
Tuesday, June 17, 2020
As Raymond is designated an Essential Business by New York State, our efforts have been and will continue to be vital in supporting essential businesses, as well as supporting re-opening businesses. Providing our customers with forklifts, intralogistics solutions, consultation, parts and service has been vital to keeping their businesses moving forward.
Raymond has begun a phased and disciplined approach to return teleworking associates to the office. We have continuously made improvements to our facility to ensure the health and well-being of our associates.
We have made significant changes to our facilities and processes to comply with COVID-19 guidelines from the CDC, state and federal authorities, which include:
- Requiring face coverings at all facilities.
- Requiring health certification and temperature screeningsto enter the building.
- Undertaking stringent cleaning and disinfecting procedures based on standardized work.
- Developing work Instructions for various COVID-19 prevention actions.
- Reducing occupancy limits for common areas such as the cafeteria/breakrooms, restrooms, conference rooms, print centers, etc.
- Increasing the number of one-way aisles.
- Posting signage regarding COVID-19 guidance throughout the facility.
All of the changes in our facilities have been implemented with one goal in mind – to ensure the health and well-being of all of our associates and visitors.
Monday, May 18, 2020
As Raymond is designated an Essential Business by New York State, our efforts have been and will continue to be vital in supporting essential businesses including food distribution, warehouses, medical supply and the overall supply chain. Providing our customers with forklifts, intralogistics solutions, consultation, parts and service has been vital to keeping their businesses moving forward. This means that the announced phased reopening will not be a significant change for any of our Raymond locations.
We continue to follow CDC, state and local guidelines and in addition, all of the hygiene practices and precautionary measures we have put in place will stay in place including “6-20-100” guidelines and the required use of masks or face coverings.
We continue to assess the process of reintegrating employees back into the office from telework. We will provide updates as they are available.
We greatly appreciate our employees’ continued commitment to meeting our responsibilities as an Essential Business, and dedication to following our precautionary protocols as well as Federal and State guidance. We are continuing to evaluate our next steps, so that we can best serve our customers and the well-being of our associates.
Monday, April 27, 2020
We are continuing to do everything possible to support our employees’ health and well-being, while being designated an Essential Business by New York State. We do not have any confirmed cases of COVID-19 at our corporate locations. Following CDC guidelines, we continue to implement extensive planning and precautionary measures including:
- Frequent sanitization and disinfection protocols.
- Allocating time for employees to clean individual workstations before and after work.
- Enforcing social distancing practices throughout the facility with the addition of social distancing markings.
- Providing enhanced health screening on-site which includes health questionnaires and infrared temperature sensing.
- Requiring masks or cloth face coverings that cover the nose and mouth as part of shop floor and office personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Continuing to reduce density of personnel on-site with office employees who can work from home utilizing telework.
We appreciate our employees’ on-going commitment to follow all practices and protocols to help maintain a healthy working environment and ensure critical supplies can continue to move through the supply chain. While we continue to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) developments with the utmost care and concern, we will continue making adjustments to our work and operations to prioritize our employees, customers, and communities.
Friday, April 24, 2020
We understand our efforts are vital and essential in supporting businesses including food distribution, warehouses, medical supply businesses and the overall supply chain. We are maintaining our commitment to assist our customers in every way possible, from forklift rentals to logistics and telematics solutions, as well as parts and service. We are also working to give back to our local communities across the country. To date, Raymond and Raymond Sales and Service Centers are supporting by:
- Producing 2,000 face shields for local healthcare workers and first responders.
- Supporting local non-profits and food banks with monetary donations, forklift donations and virtual fundraising drives.
- Supporting customers who have changed their operations to support current needs including personal protective equipment (PPE) production and ventilators.
- Providing free Wi-Fi to Raymond extended families in our parking lots.
We are monitoring developments throughout our local communities and will continue to investigate how we can help the many extended Raymond family members and customers who are affected by this crisis.
Learn more about Raymond’s Face Shield production:
Manufacturing PPE: How the Raymond Corp is arming health care workers
Raymond begins producing face shields for healthcare workers
Friday, April 10, 2020
We are continuing to do everything possible to support our employees’ health and well-being. We are designated as an Essential Business by the State of New York and have a special responsibility to maintain our operations and follow a standardized cleaning schedule. Accordingly, our manufacturing facilities in Greene, as well as in Muscatine and Syracuse, are operational and continue to follow precautionary measures, including utilizing telework when feasible. Our Sales & Service Centers will continue to provide forklifts, rentals, service, parts and support across the nation.
We are focused on supporting the ever evolving and immediate needs of our customers whose businesses are answering the call for increased production to fulfill the critical needs of our families, neighbors and the nation.
We have undertaken extensive planning and precautionary measures to help maintain a healthy working environment including:
- Implemented frequent sanitization and disinfection protocols, as well as allotting time for employees to clean individual workstations using standardized work before and after work.
- Increased training and communications around policies and procedures and CDC guidelines, including but not limited to 6-20-100 guidelines.
- Enforcing social distancing practices throughout the facility with the addition of social distancing markings.
- Asking employees to support precautionary efforts that include temperature monitoring prior to coming into work.
- Enhanced health screening on-site which includes health questionnaires and infrared temperature sensing at facility entry points.
- Supporting our local communities with our engineering department producing over 1,400 3D printed face shield units to support local medical personnel.
- Requiring over 95% of all corporate office personnel to telework to reduce the density of on-site personnel.
We appreciate the tremendous commitment of our people and their cooperation in following all practices and protocols to help maintain a healthy working environment and ensure critical supplies can continue to move through the supply chain.
Friday, March 27, 2020
We wanted to share an update about how The Raymond Corporation is responding to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic. Designated as an essential business by New York State, it is imperative we fulfill our commitments to our customers, many of which are producing goods essential to keeping the nation’s supply chain and relief efforts moving during this unprecedented crisis.
Starting Monday, March 30, 2020, we will have a partial opening of our Greene, New York, facility in order to produce a limited number of critical components for essential businesses. The remainder of the Greene plant will remain closed and we will plan to resume production on Monday, April 6, 2020. This work schedule for critical activities will allow us to fulfill our special responsibility as an essential supplier. Any future decisions that may affect production schedules at any of our corporate locations will be relayed when those decisions are made.
Protecting our employees’ health and well-being is a top priority, as is ensuring that our customers are able to keep running. A few of the efforts include:
- Communicate regularly with employees to ensure they are aware of and comply with current COVID-19 related policies or procedures.
- Maximize cleaning and disinfection efforts for all common areas and throughout the facility.
- Closed on-site fitness centers.
- Instituted telework and alternative work-schedule arrangements for employees whose job duties allow work-from-home.
- Restricted domestic and international air travel for business-related purposes.
- We are proactively engaging our field technicians to follow CDC guidelines, implement cleaning best practices, and to follow our customer’s internal COVID-19 procedures when on-site in the workplace and while visiting customers for any service and maintenance needs.
- Using all available virtual communication technology to support our sales, service and products to help meet customer requirements.
- Continuing to follow all precautionary steps to maintain required levels of hygiene and cleanliness throughout our facilities, including social distancing protocols.
Thank you for your on-going commitment to work together through this unprecedented time.
Monday, March 23, 2020
We continue to prioritize our employee’s well-being with the utmost care and concern, while respecting The Raymond Corporation’s designation as an essential business that is crucial to our customer’s business and the nation’s supply chain.
Considering the national response to COVID-19, the Executive Team at Raymond has decided to implement a number of precautionary measures for our employees. The following
actions are effective Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Raymond’s manufacturing facility in Greene will be on a one-week temporary shutdown as of March 23, 2020, with a reduced production staff.
- Raymond has instituted telework and alternative work-schedule arrangements for employees whose job duties allow work-from-home.
Raymond follows all precautionary steps to maintain required levels of hygiene and cleanliness throughout our facilities, including social distancing protocols.