GREENE, N.Y., December 4, 2019 — In 2019, Raymond contributed to more than 150 nonprofit and educational organizations, local and national, spanning a variety of causes and collaborative efforts. Raymond continues to demonstrate giving back is a value instilled throughout its entire organization through monetary contributions, forklift donations and voluntary participation of Raymond associates’ time and talents.
Raymond also opened its doors to the public for several community and educational events throughout 2019 to encourage the growth of the manufacturing industry. Each year, Raymond invites students from Southern Tier of New York State schools to attend Manufacturing Day, an event that teaches adolescents about the manufacturing industry, as well as Raymond career opportunities, through engaging activities and real-life experiences from Raymond professionals.
In addition to its support of schools, universities and education programs, Raymond is proud to partner with local organizations that promote the greater community through charity events that sponsor local community sports programs, high school activities and arts programs.
“At Raymond, giving back is at the core of our company values and is an important part of who we are as a corporate citizen and supporter of our greater communities,” says Steve VanNostrand, executive vice president of human resources at Raymond. “It’s a great honor to be part of a strong network of associates and Sales & Service Centers that continue our mission through voluntary participation and giving across North America.”
Here are some distinctive examples of Raymond authorized Sales & Service Center giving in 2019:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel
- G.N. Johnston Equipment donated $90,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel, which makes a positive difference in the lives of Canada's youth by developing and implementing a wide range of mentoring programs. G.N. Johnston supports the organization's Annual Gala for Kids and is a presenting sponsor for its Golf Classic tournament.
Breast Cancer Awareness – Pink Pallet Truck Auction
Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland
- Raymond Storage Concepts, Inc. , contributed to the organization’s Backpack Program, which provides underprivileged children easy-to-prepare food items to eat on weekends when school meals aren’t available.
- Associated donated a Raymond forklift truck and battery to Hesed House, a nonprofit organization serving the needs of homeless individuals and Illinois’ second-largest comprehensive homeless shelter serving the Fox River Valley community.
Minnie’s Food Pantry
- Malin’s annual three-week corn drive collected over 9,000 cans of corn, which were then included in Thanksgiving meal packages for families in North Texas.
Nashua North Youth Baseball
- Abel Womack’s monetary donation provides children who can’t afford to play with the equipment, uniforms and fees needed so they can participate in the sport.
Nashville Rescue Mission
- Brauer Material Handling Systems donated over 1,000 turkeys to nonprofit organizations this holiday season with over 300 turkeys going to the Nashville Rescue Mission, which helps feed those in need during the holiday season.
Raymond’s enterprise consists of 21 authorized Sales & Service Centers that offer sales and support across North America. From support of nonprofit organizations with their time, monetary donations and participation in fundraising events, Raymond’s Sales & Service Centers are an integral part of the organization, carrying on Raymond’s mission of giving back.